About Pacific Southwest Container
A package design and manufacturer, Pacific Southwest Container is a high-speed 24/7 operation that produces paper-based packaging solutions.
For them, downtime results in a chain of disruptive events. When their forklifts are down, their entire operation goes off track — and their productivity suffers.
In order to keep up with their demanding production schedules and shipments, they need their equipment to always be up and running.
Watch the Video:
- Pacific Southwest Container was using battery-powered forklifts to save on fuel costs, but the technology was not meeting their operational requirements
- The battery technology couldn’t store enough energy to operate effectively on the company’s schedule
- As a result, they were experiencing a lot of downtime and dealing with additional maintenance expenses on their equipment
- Batteries were not designed for their high-demand environment
- Even fast-charge batteries couldn’t hold up to their 24/7 operations
- Using our Pacific Fleet Management program, we analyzed their battery usage and maintenance costs
- Their Unit Cost reports showed that they were requiring too many replacement batteries and spending too much on cell work
- The amount of maintenance on battery-powered forklifts far exceeded their estimations
- We recommended Pacific Southwest Container switch to LPG (liquid propane gas) forklifts to ensure they had the uptime they needed
- By switching their forklift technology, the company reduced their operation costs by $210,000 and increased productivity 22%
- They saved operations expenses by having less maintenance and repair costs. Plus, they no longer needed to rent replacement trucks
- As an added bonus, they were able to reclaim almost 5,000 sq. ft. of warehouse space as they no longer needed battery charging stations
It can work for you too!
Does your fleet no longer meet your operations requirements? Book a no-obligation consultation and let’s talk about how we can ensure your operations are optimized in every way.