About Pacific Southwest Container
Pacific Southwest Container is a package designer and manufacturer with a 24/7 operation. They produce paper-based packaging solutions for other businesses.
Like most organizations, it’s important to keep their expenses in check. When profitability decreases due to increasing costs, the entire business feels the effects.
Watch the Video:
- Pacific Southwest Container noticed that property and product damages were occurring regularly throughout their warehouse, especially related to their forklifts
- The damages were costing the company $50,000 a year
- They also had to deal with LPG fuel costs, which were $965,000 a year
- The Forklift Daily Inspection Reports were incomplete, and almost impossible to retrieve
- The company couldn’t track who was driving their fleet so they didn’t know how to solve the issue
- PMHSI installed the Gem-One telemetry system, which ensured that only authorized forklift operators had access to the vehicles
- The system records forklift impacts and provides the Pacific Southwest Container management team with alerts and reports that measure ideal time and drive time
- The system also requires the forklift operators to complete a forklift safety inspection prior to starting the equipment
- Pacific Southwest Container can access the inspection reports directly from the Gem-One device, so it’s always on hand
- After installing Gem-One, Pacific Southwest Container was able to reduce damages and impacts significantly, resulting in a $45,000 annual savings
- Forklift idle time was cut by 90%, resulting in annual LPG savings of $105,000
- The company was also able to reduce their risk during OSHA audits with the electronic checklist inspection that Gem-One requires forklift operators to complete
- Pacific Southwest Container was able to reduce their administrative tasks by the machine operators and warehouse operators as a result
- PMHSI helped Pacific Southwest Container to reduce their operating costs by $150,000 a year
- The company increased their material handling productivity, improved awareness of the forklift fleet, and reduced risk to provide peace of mind
It Can Work For You Too!
Are you incurring unnecessary costs due to equipment damages or employee negligence? Book a no-obligation consultation and let’s talk about how we can ensure your operations are optimized in every way.