Imagine a perfect world: your warehouse operations would run smoothly every day, no vehicles would need any repairs, and all deliveries would be made on time — every time. Sounds great, right?
Your productivity would always be at 100%. Your vehicles would always be in tip-top shape. And you’d never need to worry about things like equipment warranties or repair costs.
A perfect world probably seems far away when you’re in the midst of running a busy warehouse where managing your fleet is no easy task. Every time you add on a new vehicle, fleet tracking becomes a little more difficult.
What happens when one of your vehicles breaks down and needs repairs?
Do you have to hustle to find an alternative solution so you can still meet your tight schedule?
How do you keep track of all the repairs that have taken place? How do you check to make sure the equipment is under warranty?
When it comes to fleet management, do you struggle with any of these issues?
- Misdiagnosed repairs: Has your current vendor ever incorrectly identified the issue? This leads to additional expenses — and more downtime.
- Missing warranty information: Do you always know which parts are under warranty? Having this information could save your organization a lot of money, but it can be difficult to track when you need it the most.
- Confusion over parts: Being able to quickly locate the parts you need would mean that your repairs would get done sooner — but that’s not always the case. Does your current vendor know where the parts you need are?
- Inaccurate billing: Have you ever received an invoice only to realize you were charged for the wrong parts or service? If you don’t catch it in time, this can lead to additional expenses — and headaches.
Many of our clients have told us that they experienced these problems before working with PMHSI. Not only were they not getting the repairs they needed — they were often being invoiced incorrectly.
All this leads to increased expenses and downtime, which results in a loss of productivity.
You Don’t Know What You Don’t Know: Effective Fleet Management Starts with Knowledge
If there is one thing we’ve learned over the course of our decades of experience in fleet management, it’s that knowledge is power.
In order for a business to successfully operate their fleet, they need to know what’s going on with their equipment.
Tracking your fleet history is one of the key pillars of successful fleet management. When you know what your equipment service history is like and whether the parts are under warranty or not, you can make better decisions on how to manage your fleet.
When you use a fleet management system to track your history, you get more accurate repairs that reduce downtime and increase profitability.
Maintain Productivity with Accurate Repairs of Your Commercial Fleet
We know that the world is not perfect. Your fleet will eventually need repairs and that may affect your productivity. However, did you know that you can reduce the amount of downtime you have by carefully tracking your history?
Here’s how tracking your fleet’s history with PMHSI leads to improved productivity:
- Complete visibility: Knowledge is power, right? Knowing the full history of each vehicle in your fleet gives us insight into the kinds of issues you run into frequently. This helps us to catch issues before they create major problems and affect your bottom line.
- Accurate diagnoses: By looking at the kinds of repairs your equipment has needed in the past, our technicians are able to better diagnose the problem, which means we can get your vehicle back up and running faster.
- Warranty insight: With our fleet management system, we’re able to track the warranty on all parts associated with your fleet. This means you can save on repair expenses for parts covered under warranty.
- Fast parts location: By knowing which common issues your fleet has experienced in the past, we’re able to keep the parts you need on hand. Your equipment is repaired faster, resulting in less downtime.
- Accurate billing: Never deal with an incorrect invoice again. Our intelligent fleet management software carefully tracks your repairs and produces accurate billing to save you time and money — and give you peace of mind.
Tracking your fleet’s repair history gets you closer to that perfect world — because when your equipment needs repair, we can get it back up and running so you don’t lose productivity.
By understanding your fleet’s history, we’re able to catch problems before they snowball, and provide you with more accurate repairs and billing.
Most importantly, tracking your history doesn’t result in more admin time for you.
We handle all the tracking through our intelligent fleet management system on the back end, providing you with more time to run your warehouse.
Ready to Track Your Fleet’s History and Reduce Your Downtime?
Never want to deal with inaccurate repairs or incorrect billing again? The first step to getting started is to contact us for a no-obligation consultation.
We’ll discuss your operations and your current fleet management system, and offer solutions on how we can help you increase your productivity with better repairs.
Tracking your history is just one part of the PMHSI fleet management program. In addition to tracking your fleet’s history, we track your service and a number of key metrics that help us to optimize your fleet’s performance.
Get in touch with us today to learn more about how you can optimize your fleet’s performance and productivity with PMHSI.