About Allied Building Products
Allied Building Products is a roofing and building materials wholesale distributor with multiple locations throughout the United States. The company’s forklift fleet consists of more than 1,500 forklifts from the Hyster, Caterpillar, Hyundai and Toyota brands.
It’s important for them to have the full picture of which fleet vehicles provide the company with the most value, to know how to improve productivity and operational costs.
- Allied Building Products wanted to optimize its fleet management costs
- Through its fleet management company, Penske, they wanted to know what brand of forklift was providing the greatest value to the company
- In order to know which brand of forklift was the most efficient, they needed to analyze the fleet’s initial cost, performance, operating costs, maintenance costs and fuel costs
- Through Penske's analysis, it was clear that Hyundai was the best option for Allied Building Products
- Hyundai’s purchase price was 8% to 10% less, maintenance cost was 12% to 25% less, fuel consumption was 7% to 12% less, and Hyundai’s standard warranty was 2 years longer than the other brands
- Penske rated Hyundai number 1 in value, because Hyundai forklifts were $4,500 to $7,500 less in total ownership cost over five years
- As a result, Allied Building Products began replacing other brands with Hyundai, and ensured considerable improvements to their overall operating costs
It can work for you too!
Are you unsure about which vehicles in your fleet are providing you with the best value? Book a no-obligation consultation and let’s talk about how we can ensure you are effectively managing your operating costs.